DaGeek Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Build for Distance based tracking...

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Update Build for Distance based tracking... - Page 2 Empty Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:54 am

I had the interval at 2 but switched it to 1 about a half an hour ago by mistake when I went in to the app. So far it has been running for last 10 minutes. Will keep you updated. Also, will find that update. Thanks.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Update Build for Distance based tracking... - Page 2 Empty Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:20 pm

I went for a drive. It is not updating. I checked homeseer and it hasn't updated for the past hour.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Jayman13 wrote:I went for a drive. It is not updating. I checked homeseer and it hasn't updated for the past hour.

Here is what I would like you to do.

Delete the app from your phone and use the email link to install it again.

Now you will need to re-enter your settings and when walking through the setup it will create a new device link in Snevl. You'll just need to go into Snevl and delete the old device link under the Btraced/GpsToHS tab. You can tell which is which buy starting your gps and looking on the gps page. it will show you your current device ID. That's the one you keep.

We need to see a fresh test, cuz I have been running for well over 5 hours. So I am thinking something got mussed up on the install.

Its worth a try.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dageek.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Ok. Will do later this afternoon.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Wait, what do you mean "use the email link to install it again."? I don't install it using the test flight app?

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Jayman13 wrote:Wait, what do you mean "use the email link to install it again."? I don't install it using the test flight app?

Sorry I forgot you can just use test flight app to pull it.

I don't use it. I just install from my software. Sorry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:06 pm

No prob. I did all as you described. Went for a run on the treadmill and the gps icon is not running. It should be running constantly if I have distance on, right?

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Jayman13 wrote:No prob. I did all as you described. Went for a run on the treadmill and the gps icon is not running. It should be running constantly if I have distance on, right?

When your in distance mode look at the GPS page. The bottom line under the date will say "Distance" and have some number behind it. Those should change periodically. Do you see them and do the change?

And being on the treadmill isn't going to show you moving! LOL!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Yeah, but I'm going really fast! The problem is if I go into the app I think the gps then goes on as the icon shows up again and will do so for a little while.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Jayman13 wrote:Yeah, but I'm going really fast! The problem is if I go into the app I think the gps then goes on as the icon shows up again and will do so for a little while.

This may be a dumbass question but are you hitting the save settings button after you turn distance on? if so then do this
Turn off auto start
Close app from the task manager
start the app
turn on distance
save settings
start the gps

Does the distance show on the gps page and change every so often now?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Not dumb but I had saved the settings. This may be even dumber but should i have "start gps on manual lauch: off"?

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Jayman13 wrote:Not dumb but I had saved the settings. This may be even dumber but should i have "start gps on manual lauch: off"?

Yeah turn it off for now. I am running with mine on. I suspect the others are also, buts lets turn it off to see what happens. Then do these steps:
Turn off start gps on manual launch
Close app from the task manager
start the app
turn on distance
save settings
start the gps
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:06 pm

I got the same problem after doing that. I went for a drive and it is not updating. Last update in homeseer was 2:50 pm CST. Icon not there. I'm running iphone 5 ios 6.1.4 if it matters.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Jayman13 wrote:I got the same problem after doing that. I went for a drive and it is not updating. Last update in homeseer was 2:50 pm CST. Icon not there. I'm running iphone 5 ios 6.1.4 if it matters.
I'll try and play with it over the weekend. Just really odd. I can't get it to happen. I'll check with the other guys to see if they have had any similar issue.

Also one the gps page once you start gps it should show version and build number. What does it say? Just trying to think of everything.

And are you running any other gps programs at the same time?

And it does update when in interval mode correct?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:27 pm

It says V.1.5 Build 1.5.9. I will try restarting my phone and see if that helps. Also, i turned off all location based apps except yours under location services. I'll let you know about timed updates but am trying distance first.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Jayman13 wrote:It says V.1.5 Build 1.5.9. I will try restarting my phone and see if that helps. Also, i turned off all location based apps except yours under location services. I'll let you know about timed updates but am trying distance first.

K. I will also try to play with it this weekend. Have a busy weekend but I should get some time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Keeping distance on didn't work again. But when I switched it to timed it appears to be working fine. Strange. Nobody else with this issue? I remember btraced had a lot of issues with the app stopping. Still does actually but usually after a couple of days.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Jayman13 wrote:Keeping distance on didn't work again. But when I switched it to timed it appears to be working fine. Strange. Nobody else with this issue? I remember btraced had a lot of issues with the app stopping. Still does actually but usually after a couple of days.

Just odd. I am gonna run some tests over the weekend and see what happens.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x10joe Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Went on a 213 mile motorcycle ride today. Not like a car no real place to plug in a charger. So I plugged in an APC phone charger. It's almost the same size as my iPhone 5. I put the charger and my phone in the windshield bag. I ran Greg's GPS app for 5 hours set at 350 meters. When I got home my phone was still at 100% and the external battery was down to 25%. Not bad for 5 hours of heavy GPS logging. I plotted my trip and was disappointed to find missing data. I poked around for a while. Opened the database file and all of the location data was there. Then I realized the plot page was limiting the points that were being plotted. I upped the plot limit on the latitude plot page to 2500 and it worked great. I have modified the plot page to my liking.
Greg, perfect APP Very Happy GOOD JOB

Joe[img]Update Build for Distance based tracking... - Page 2 Ride0611[/img]

x10joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:43 pm

I wonder why I can't get mine to work when using distance. Joe, what ios version you running on your iphone5? Mine stops updating after a little while, definitely under an hour.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by x10joe Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Jayman13 wrote:I wonder why I can't get mine to work when using distance. Joe, what ios version you running on your iphone5? Mine stops updating after a little while, definitely under an hour.
I'm running 6.1.4
I did have an error message but dismissed it. Something about upload failure. I wil have to do a screen cap next time so Greg can see it. From what I can tell I don't think I lost anything. Have you tried btraced using distance to see if it works on your phone?

x10joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayman13 Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Btraced works but stops usually after 3 to 4 days on my and my wife's iphone 5. Do you have enable hack blocking off? I just turned mine off (i had previously just changed the settings) but looks like that didn't work either.

Jayman13

Back to top Go down

Post by x10joe Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes, I have hack blocking off. I went 100 miles on interstate going and 100 miles on back roads coming back today. Though maybe I may not get signal but I guess I was. Can't really look at the phone while riding.

x10joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:28 pm

It will give you an error after the upload fails five times. This could be cuz of bad signal. It will just warn you after five times but should keep running.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x10joe Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Admin wrote:It will give you an error after the upload fails five times. This could be cuz of bad signal. It will just warn you after five times but should keep running.

Yep that was the message. Very nice that it keeps running.

x10joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next