Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by x10joe on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:25 am

I just made a second page to show the plotted badge markers. Interesting where the data loss was. I did suspect on the return trip but was surprised to see loss on an Interstate. The top plot was the return trip at 55 MPH which was more back road small towns road. The bottom and left north bound leg was interstate at 72 MPH.

[img][/img]

x10joe

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 am

What did you have the distance set on?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 68
Join date : 2013-06-05

View user profile http://dageek.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by x10joe on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 pm

350M

x10joe

Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-06-05
Age : 58
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Gogs on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:35 pm

One quick observation on updating on short distances or every minute or so.

There is a possibility that the app could overtake Snevl in so far as it is writing new data while Snevl is still reading the last data.

If this happens MS Jet will stop the update process and you should get an error in the HS logs like this
08/06/2013 05:38:40 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitude: Error updating existing track point in update_track():The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
08/06/2013 05:38:40 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitude: Error updating existing track point in update_track():The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
avatar
Gogs

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 pm

Gogs wrote:One quick observation on updating on short distances or every minute or so.

There is a possibility that the app could overtake Snevl in so far as it is writing new data while Snevl is still reading the last data.

If this happens MS Jet will stop the update process and you should get an error in the HS logs like this
08/06/2013 05:38:40 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitude: Error updating existing track point in update_track():The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
08/06/2013 05:38:40 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitude: Error updating existing track point in update_track():The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

Actually once the app is finished I can take a look at Steve's code. I can probably thread the requests. Never did it with a access database, but I'll see what happens.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 68
Join date : 2013-06-05

View user profile http://dageek.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by stevea on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 am

Admin wrote:
Actually once the app is finished I can take a look at Steve's code. I can probably thread the requests. Never did it with a access database, but I'll see what happens.
I'd be curious. I don't use the ADODB.NET stuff at all, but rather the original ADODB methods. I just knew the old one too well and never bothered to figure out the new stuff. Another reason - I suspect - that none of my packages (including this one) will ever make it to HS3.

stevea

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Gogs on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 am

[quote="stevea"]
Admin wrote:
.................... I just knew the old one too well and never bothered to figure out the new stuff. Another reason - I suspect - that none of my packages (including this one) will ever make it to HS3.
Now there is another good reason not to install HS3.
avatar
Gogs

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Build for Distance based tracking...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum